been two years. In the months leading up to our wedding we would often say to each other "let's get married." November 4, 2005 was one of our favorite days - ever. In fact, two years later we still say it to each other on a regular basis. :)In one sense, it seems like I was picking out my wedding dress just yesterday. On the other hand, I can hardly remember what
life was like before Michael. Sharing my life with him has been wonderful - greater than I ever imagined. Anyone who is married knows that living with someone takes adjusting. I'm fortunate to say that, for us, it went very smoothly. Somehow it just seemed very natural to us from the very beginning.I have told people before that marriage allows vulnerability and total acceptance at the same time and I am blessed to have a husband who has always accepted me - even in my most vulnerable states. It is in those very moments that I thank God for sending me someone who not only understands me but, more importantly, knows how to care for me. He makes me feel safe - and that is of infinite value to me.
So, two years into marriage I want to publicly thank my precious husband for being the man that God has called him to be and for helping me become the woman that God has called me to be.
-av-

happy anniversary!! i wanted to call you yesterday, but it was quite a crazy day - sick mcm, teenser and we celebrated my mom's bday. now i am sick...today has been crap. hoping to give you a call tomorrow morning.
ReplyDeletei love you guys and rejoice with you at God's faithfulness! what a blessing and a joy to see how God brought you together and has blessed your marriage. i pray for you guys that He will continue to lead you into his perfect will for your little fam. love YOU!
your lack of blog posting is unacceptable. i would say that the ratio of time you spend on the computer versus the ratio of time spent blogging is severely out of whack. i need to hear about the volbedas! you could post about your incredible ways of organization (i.e. the meal planning calendar), post recipes, your budgeting ways, life working and in school, the hilarious antics of zoe the dog, or just your happy life - i miss you!
ReplyDelete