If the rest of December is anything like our first week then we should have a fabulous end of the

year! Michael's cousin and her husband,
Laura and Jay, escaped chilly Michigan and spent the last week traveling across Texas visiting a number of friends from their med-school days. We were fortunate to steal them for a few days last weekend when they flew into Dallas. We did our best to show them around around town ... the grassy knoll, Mexican food, barbecue, Christmas lights, and most importantly they helped us pick out and decorate our Christmas tree.
For those who don't know - I
LOVE Christmas. I can't remember when I put my first Christmas

cd in the car this year but I think it might have been right after Halloween. Waiting until after Thanksgiving to start listening to Christmas music simply does not give me enough time to enjoy all that there is! In an attempt to create the perfect Christmas atmosphere we built a fire, put in "
White Christmas" (an absolute classic for anyone who has not seen it) and had Starbucks in hand. The fire was a terrific idea but seeing as how we don't live in Michigan like Jay and Laura - it probably wasn't cold enough to actually need one. It got so unbearably hot that I had to open the front door to let some cool air in! :) I guess this could be called "Christmas, Texas style." I'm not sure that is what they had envisioned for their time with us but they were FABULOUS helpers and we had a lot of fun ushering in the Christmas season with them!!
Even Zoe tried to help! :)

We also got to spend an evening with my dad and brother at the Mavs game ...

-av-
No comments:
Post a Comment