Tuesday, September 16, 2008

18 days

According to the "ticker" on our blog we have 18 days until Audrey is officially "due." I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the enormity of what is going to take place. Part of my feels prepared and another part feels totally unprepared. I hear that I should get used to that because it is a reoccurring theme in "parenting."

We visited our midwife last Thursday and she said everything still looks good. Audrey is measuring small and I am hoping/praying that is an indicator of a small to average sized baby. I was under 7 pounds but Michael (and most of his siblings) were in the 9 pound range. I discovered that while we were dating and have been fearful of what that means for me ever since. :) I am having contractions on a much more regular basis but nothing serious or painful just the necessary preparations for labor.

Our last "birthing class" is tomorrow night. For those who don't know, we have been attending Bradley classes for the last few months. Our goal is to have a natural/unmedicated birth. I know, I know ... call me crazy. I'm not saying that it is the right way and drugs are wrong - it is a personal decision and preference. I have a number of friends who have succeeded in this recently and nothing could be more inspiring or encouraging than hearing thier stories. I'm sure I will have LOTS to say about it after her arrival. We'll see how it all unfolds but in the meantime any extra prayers for a "natural" birth can't hurt. :)

The nursery is still a work in progress. Our rocker/glider is supposed to be delivered today. After that we will need to finish a little bit of painting and hang a few things on the wall.

Our bags are packed as much as they can be. And so we wait ... :)

-av-

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you're ready!! we can't wait for your baby girl to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Brings back good memories. :) I will be praying for you to have a smooth natural delivery. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete