Now that I have your attention ... Let me explain.In October of 2007 we flew to Vegas to see Celine Dion. As mentioned in that post, she cancelled her entire weekend of shows due to some sort of throat infection. Fast forward to January 2008 when we discovered that I was pregnant. After leaving the doctor's office where we received "official" confirmation that I was indeed with child Michael said he had some bad news to share with me. Unknown to me, he had purchased two floor tickets to see Celine Dion at Madison Square Garden in mid September as a birthday surprise for me. However, seeing as how the concert was just two weeks before our due date we had to cancel the trip. In February I saw a commercial that she was coming to Dallas in January of 2009 so I hopped online to buy tickets. Third time is a charm, right? I can't remember all of the details but if I joined the "fan club" I could purchase tickets a few months earlier and have better seat options. So, I joined. I believe it is the first fan club that I have ever been a part of. However, the funniest part is that I wasn't the one who joined ... since I purchased tickets using Michael's name he was the one who got enrolled in "Club Celine." I didn't realize the mistake until weeks later when this arrived in the mail ... Michael's official membership card!!! He could not believe it when I showed him. Ahh, the sacrifices one will make in the name of love.
The concert was a few weeks ago and we had a wonderful time. She was just as I expected - short sparkly dresses, loud voice and totally over the top! For those who want to give Michael a hard time, let the record state that Emmit Smith was also in attendance with his wife so there was at least one other straight man in the crowd!!! :)
Here are a few pics ...




Thanks, babe!
-av-
BC and I are cracking up...too funny!
ReplyDeletethat is awesome
ReplyDelete