Friday, March 6, 2009

Birmingham Friends


I should have posted about this trip right after it happened but I didn't. Thankfully, Court did . She included some great pictures of the girls together as well as proof that we attempted to take a picture with the girls ... but it didn't quite work. Check it out right here ...

There is nothing as precious as sweet friends, even if they live far far away. We hate that we are separated by Louisiana and Mississippi but are thankful for cell phones and cheap tickets on Southwest! It has been over five years since we have lived in the same city and yet we still manage to talk on the phone almost every day. Sometimes I am shocked and amazed at how well we have kept in touch but mostly I am thankful for the blessing of a true friend - the closest thing I have ever had to a sister.

It seems like not that long ago I was visiting them when Charlotte was Audrey's age. My how time flies! I love that we both have little girls and especially love that Audrey and baby girl Murphree #2 will be in the same grade. I can only hope and pray that they will be dear friends or pen pals or something sweet and special. Is it wrong to try and force friendship between our daughters? :) :) :)

Thanks, Court, for a wonderful visit. We'll be back soon to meet #2.

-av-

1 comment:

  1. i fully support forced friendships! :) maybe they will be pen pals their whole lives and then they can go to college together and be roommates! regardless, i guess if they don't become friends (which is highly unlikely) they'll still have to endure trips to see each other a couple times every year! i love you so much and now your little audrey too. as much as i miss you, i am much more grateful for you and your friendship. God has been good to us!

    ReplyDelete