This picture was taken on September 26, 2004 at a co-birthday party that Michael and I had together. While that may not seem unusual to you today it was very unusual at the time, especially since I hardly even knew his last name. I had just started at Seminary and through a random course of events we (almost total strangers) decided to have a birthday party together. There's nothing like being extra social when school starts up in the Fall. I'm not sure what it is that causes students to be this way but I certainly had a drink (or gulp) of that kool-aid in 2004. And, thank goodness I did.
Little did I know that Michael was already "up to something." This picture was taken by one of his roommates at the time (thanks, Waggs) and I love that we have a picture from this night. I remember Michael stayed late to help clean up after the party was over. I thought nothing of it. I assured my mom he was just being a "nice guy." A few weeks later I was on to his tricks and the rest is ... history.
We've celebrated every birthday together since then and I wouldn't have it any other way. The past five years honestly have been the best of my entire life. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my best friend in the entire world who also happens to be my husband! Loveyameanit!
-av-
(PS - Can we all pause and giggle for just one minute at how young we look ... and at how I have a body wave in my hair? Classic!)
I love this post so much! I never knew that story :) thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete