Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I always knew I wanted to be a mom. What I didn't always know is how absolutely wonderful it would be. Other than being "wife" to my out-of-this-world husband, the role of "mother" is easily my favorite. Sure, we have our hard moments and sometimes we even have hard days but my children bring an unspeakable amount of joy into my life and I treasure every single thing about them. Sometimes I am tired but my children don't wear me out. I can catch up on sleep later - or on a Saturday. Sometimes I get upset but my children aren't frustrating to me. I have much to learn - about them and about myself.

with Miss A in 2008

with Mr. T in 2010


I'm not a perfect mom.

Some days we stay in pj's all day long. Some days we have to dig around in the pantry to find a good lunch. Some days I don't have the patience that I should. Some days I let the TV entertain A so I can relax. Some days I don't read all the books she asks me to read. Some days I tell her, "I can't hold you right now." Some days I forget bedtime prayers.

But some days we go on walks. Some days we have fun looking at flowers and sticks. Some days we read tons of books all day long. Some days we draw and write and scribble. Some days we play with play-dough. Some days I rock them as long as I can. Some days I stare at them in their sleep. Some days the TV stays off. Some days we sing songs. Some days we go on "outings" and explore new things.

And I'm okay with all of this - both of the above paragraphs - because I am trying each and every day to be the best mom that I can be. I am praying for God to show me who He created my children to be, praying I can love them the way they need to be loved, praying I don't get "in the way" of what God wants to do in their lives, praying I can accept them in their own different ways, praying I can show them the love of Christ, praying that I can teach them the Word of God and that one day they will come to love Jesus with all of their heart, soul and mind.

So on this Mother's Day I celebrate the joy of being a mother to two precious little ones and the blessing of having been raised my entire life by an incredibly loving mom, gaining a mother-in-law that is more so a dear friend than a mother-in-law and then getting a stepmom a few years ago who loves me and my kids like crazy! I'm one lucky gal!


My precious little ones ...




And my stepmom, mother in law and mom with Miss A.



-av-

No comments:

Post a Comment