Saturday, October 27, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

I keep promising myself that I will update this blog more regularly but it seems like it only happens about once a month.

As mentioned previously, we planned a trip with my mom to Las Vegas in early October. The main purpose was to see Celine Dion (and Michael agreed to indulge me). As luck would have it, we were notified an hour before boarding our plan that Celine had some sort of viral infection and had canceled all weekend shows. I'm not certain but I think this is one of three times that she has canceled during her five year tenure at Caesar's Palace. SO SAD!!! We scrambled at the last minute and got tickets to Blue Man Group instead. For those who haven't seen them perform, it is very entertaining.

We also attended LOVE (the new Cirque du Soliel show comprised solely of Beatles music). If any of you have the chance to see this show it is absolutely spectacular. My mom said it was the most entertaining show she has ever seen and Michael and I LOVEd it as well! (see picture to the right -->)

This was my first trip to Vegas and I felt that it, in many ways, lived up to the stereotypes that I had heard. What I didn't realize in advance was that many of the hotels are forms of entertainment in and of themselves. We enjoyed walking through some of the bigger ones and taking in all of the sights. We stayed at the Bellagio and the fountains out front are breathtaking ...

The fountains ... with a rainbow
Me, Michael and my Mom
The fountains at night
One of my famous attempts at a self portrait :)

The Bellagio also has a botanical gardens and conservatory inside that is unlike anything I had ever seen. I do not know how regularly they change it out but I believe it is somewhat frequent. According to the website, it has changed since we were there just a few weeks ago. Here are a few pictures we took inside ...


-av-

1 comment:

  1. awww, it's great to see your face! you guys look so cute. i still can't believe you didn't get to see celine!! that goes down in the books as a major disappointment. at least you can still sing along loud and proud to her cds anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete