With Johnny Mac wrapping up the GOP nomination this week, the focus shifts to his nationwide campaign for President. Of course the first question people will ask is "Who will be his Vice President?"I predict that McCain will choose Florida Governor Charlie Crist has his running mate. It's worth noting that the first thing McCain did after winning the nomination Tuesday and receiving George W. Bush's endorsement on Wednesday was to go straight to Florida and campaign with Charlie Crist on Thursday. But that's not necessarily why I think McCain will pick him as his VP running mate.
The majority of our 50 states tend to lean in one political direction or another with some degree of consistency when it comes to electing a president. But there are a handful of historically competitive states that swing in either direction. They are often called the "battleground" states. If you are a candidate, it helps to actually be from one of those states. In McCain's case, its not particularly helpful to be from Arizona. The next best thing to being from a battleground state is to have a running mate that is. Charlie Crist is extremely popular in Florida and could very well deliver that state for McCain in November. If McCain could win Florida and then pick up either Ohio or Pennsylvania, I think he could win it.
I predict a McCain-Crist ticket in November. You heard it here first.
=MV=
No comments:
Post a Comment