Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sing Mikey Sing!

A few years ago Michael's mom sent us a cd in our Valentine's Day package (what a great mother-in-law)!!! I remember it was a "Hallmark special" of love songs by a guy I had never heard of .... Michael Buble. The cd soon became a favorite of ours and Michael began to search for other songs by this budding artist.

Two years later he's not the unheard of budding musician that we originally knew. I've heard that some people don't like him because all he does is cover other people's songs ... he does do a lot of that but, I must say, that he is great at what he does!! We have wanted to see him in concert for awhile but every time he posted his new schedule, Dallas continued to miss out. I think Michael actually e-mailed them a year or so again and complained that not only was he not coming to Dallas but he wasn't coming anywhere remotely close to us. I'm not sure if Michael's e-mail did the trick but last October we discovered that he would be in town on March 2, 2008.

AND so ...


He is quite the performer ... a little bit of a racy slime ball/heart throb at times but I think he likes playing the part. He was a fabulous entertainer from the minute he stepped on the stage to the last song ... and he nailed every song. Michael predicted that we would be some of the youngest audience members due to MB's style of music ... we were simply average. The 6,0000 seat theater was sold out and filled with everything from a 3-year old (who was all dressed up and actually caught Michael Buble's eye so much so that he invited her up on stage to take a picture with him ... she, like a pro, leaned in to kiss him on the cheek ... classic!) to a large number of white-haired wise ones who very well may have seen Sinatra sing these very same songs years ago.

I have a much better and longer video ... but I guess it's too large to upload. This is my first video post - live and learn. If anyone has advice as to how to upload a larger video ... I'm all ears.




-av-


A few hours I attempted to use YouTube ... not sure if this is working ...



1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. For Valentine's I took Nicole to a very fancy restaurant in Parkersburg, WV right on the Ohio River. While have a very delicious meal and enjoying the scenery, we were serenaded (well Nicole was) by the soothing sound of Michael Buble. It was definitely icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete