Wednesday, April 2, 2008

In-Laws

The BEST In-Laws

I know I brag on my husband a lot and now you may see where he gets some of his "wonderfulness" from. Over the years I have heard so many crazy/scary stories about "in-laws" that I wasn't sure what it would be like when I got married. I am incredibly blessed to have some of the world's most supportive and loving in-laws ... honestly. From day one, they have wrapped me up in their arms and accepted me as part of their family ... and it means the world to me! My only complaint is that I don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like to ... that is, until I can convince them to move to Dallas! :)

One of the things I appreciate most about them is their daily faithfulness to pray for us. It is both an encouragement and a testimony to me. A few days ago I got an e-mail from John with a prayer for the baby that he adapted after reading Psalm 115. I couldn't help but share it as I know many parents pray for these very things for their own children.


A Prayer for the New Baby - Based on Psalm 115
We trust in You LORD. For You are our help and our shield.

We thank You for the new life that you have created inside Amber’s womb. We thank You for the mouth that will someday speak, and that it would speak for You. We ask that the baby’s eyes may someday see the beauty of your creation, even as we can now see your beauty and creation with our own eyes. We know that tiny ears are developing and ask that it would be able hear clearly. Even more, we ask that this child would hear You clearly when You speak.

There is a tiny little nose developing, but it can not smell anything yet. We know that someday it will be able to smell all that is around us. Thank You for all the smells such as fresh flowers and blooms that You have created for us for us to enjoy and smell.

Then someday those tiny hands will be able to feel. Thank You for giving us the ability to not only feel with our hands but also feel with our hearts.

Father, thank You for those first small steps that this child will take someday with its feet. Those small feet that are developing will be able to walk …. and our prayer is that this child will someday soon walk with You each day.

And finally God, we thank you for the throat that is developing. We know that at first this child will just cry and probably keep the Parent up during this night. But soon it will be able to speak. Thank You in advance for the sounds that will come out of it’s mouth very soon. But God, we also ask that this child would be able to speak for You and Your Kingdom.

We know that this child’s growth and development is in Your hands and we commit this child’s future to You.


Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Precious! What a sweet prayer and sweet inlaws too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, wonderful in-laws are a huge blessing! God blessed me with them as well, and I couldn't be more thankful! I hope y'all are doing well!! --Courtney C.

    ReplyDelete