Thursday, August 14, 2008

Confirmation of Phelps Frenzy

For those of you who think that I'm being an Ebenezer Scrooge about the overkill Olympic coverage of Michael Phelps (see below), I now have proof that my opinion is shared by those deep inside his inner circle. NBC, in another bit of completely unnecessary coverage that illustrates my point, aired a report on the text messages that Michael Phelps has been receiving on his cell phone while in Beijing. His best friend back home reportedly sent him two text messages, the content of which was revealed on national television in an exclusive report:

"How many times to I have to see your ugly face on TV?"

"Time to go out and be the best ever."

My sentiments, exactly.

2 comments:

  1. You do realize that you are actually feeding the frenzy by posting not once but twice about him? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to blunt those criticisms that will inevitably come my way. I guess I just can't win... :)

    ReplyDelete