Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A visit to Birmingham

There is nothing as precious or valuable as a true friend. I was blessed to find one of my dearest when I went to college. Having never had a sister, I guess this is the closest that I will ever come ... and it just so happens that Courtney has a twin sister so I kinda get a two-for-one special!! Despite living 900+ miles away we manage to stay in touch almost every day - a miracle in and of itself! She welcomed her second little girl in May and I have been dying to meet her ever since. The trip was absolutely wonderful and included us dressing our three little girls in matching outfits for a photo-op. Ridiculous, I know but oh so worth it!!! :)

Here are a few highlights from the 200+ pictures I took ...

How many car seats can you fit in one car?

Sweet friends. One of my favorites.

That was then ... this is now

Before the photo extravaganza

Is this too cute or what?

Sweet little LCM
Us wondering what we got ourselves into ...

Without photo shop at my disposal, this was the best I could do ... Five girls in one picture isn't easy no matter how old (or young) you are. We've come a long way since our visit in February.

And one for Daddy since he let us run away for a week.

-av-

1 comment: