Monday, October 19, 2009

Belated Birthday

I am WAY behind on blogging and hope to catch up in the next few days. For now, here are some pictures and a few details of Audrey's birthday party.

The invitations were done by StephLynn Designs - a super sweet friend of mine. Here's the top half (didn't want to advertise the address to the entire world). StephLynn has done a few other things for me and I have been very happy with her work. I'd highly highly recommend her! :)


The cake was TO DIE FOR!!! The Hollingsworth's and Merryman's wanted to bring Audrey's cake and I had no idea what was in store. Not only was it absolutely adorable but it tasted divine. I've never been to this bakery in person but I wouldn't mind making a visit one day soon. Thanks to Annie's Culinary Creations for making such a sweet (literally) cake for our baby girl!


And a little "smash" cake too
Aud had lots of fun opening presents (thanks to everyone for the wonderful gifts). Note to all parents of young children: a $0.99 bag of tissue paper can be more entertaining than a pile full of presents. Lesson learned! :)

She also enjoyed diving into the cake in a very precise and dainty kind of way. Her most common word is "WOW" and she kept saying it over and over again when we gave her the cake. You can see her saying it in the picture below (video coming one of these days). I stripped her down to the diaper preparing for a cake-throwing event but she acted like she was in her Christmas dress or something ... very clean.


The biggest mess she made was on her face (check out those LIPS!!!) ...


The party ended just before nap time and I think you can tell that someone is getting sleepy in this picture. Actually, we were all a little sleepy on this day in particular but that's what afternoon naps are for!
I failed to get more pictures of the decorations but it was very simple and cute - pink and green with lots of family ... a perfect combination!!

-av-

No comments:

Post a Comment