For those of you who we've spoken to recently, you probably already know that I started a new job this past week. I'm working in the Appraisal/Consulting division at Henry S. Miller Commercial.This is the building where my office is -- or I should say where my cubicle is! (Gotta start at the bottom of the totem pole, I guess!) I'm on the top floor somewhere in the middle above that big arch. Look very closely and you can see me waving from one of those round shaped windows. :)
It's certainly a change of environment and change of pace from my former job, but I am really looking forward to this new opportunity that God has brought across my path. I am being trained to appraise and value commercial real estate -- anything from just a plot of dirt to a high rise office building.
This was more of a financial decision than anything else since we're trying to be free of student loans ASAP and also start a family at some point, too (there are no forthcoming announcements are planned at this time). I may end up back in ministry in a couple of years, or God may have me in this job for the long haul. As with so many other things in life, we'll have to just wait and see and not worry about it in the meantime!
=MV=
Congrats to Michael on the new job! I hope your first few days have been good and not too overwhelming! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys. Love to you both...
ReplyDeleteCongrats from us, too. :) Can't wait to see you in December. :)
ReplyDeleteMichael- you've been blog-tagged by me (see my blog for more info). :0)