Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Obama On Tour

Obama took his traveling show on the road this week to the Middle East and Europe. He's trying to show that he knows what he's talking about regarding Iraq and Afghanistan and then it's on to Europe where all the socialists there can show him how much they love him. An Associated Press article all but declares the election over based on how beloved Obama is in Europe.

I shouldn't be surprised when the media reveals their liberal leanings, but their Democrat tendencies are rarely so unsuppressed as in this news story. It basically says that Bush represents everything that's wrong with America and Obama embodies everything that's right and it's the Europeans who have the insight and perspective to see this which is why there will be throngs of enthusiastic supporters at every turn during his European trip. They are calling it "Obamamania."

I'm not of the mindset that Europe has things figured out and it's us Americans who are a step or two behind. Just the opposite, in fact. The citizens of the continent of Europe are far more liberal than Americans and the governments of Europe are far more socialist and less democratic that America so what does it mean that they are in love with him and with his policies? The fact that Obama is Europe's candidate of choice should give us all pause.

=MV=

4 comments:

  1. I think it is Michael writing the political posts, and not Amber, but correct me if I am wrong. I have never met you...but you are right on! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct - Michael is writing the political posts. I doubt he needs encouragement to keep them coming. I'm sure there will be a large number of them between now and November. :)

    av

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber--been following your blog. Im sorry I slacked on Sprinkles. I love the new preggers pics on facebook. You are too cute! Glad pregnancy is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amber-hi! its rachel stinson shaub. i found your blog through lauren king. congratulations on the pregnancy! i am so happy and excited for you and michael. i just wanted to say hello. hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete