I have recently been on a small baking frenzy. It all started when Emily posted this great recipe for Blueberry Muffins. I have already made two batches. The first disappeared in no time so I decided to freeze half of the second batch to make them last a little longer ... or so I hope. They are delicious!
Awhile back I found a great recipe website - 101 cookbooks. She features a lot of vegetarian recipes but also lots of yummy baking stuff too. Honestly, I cannot even remember how I found it but I visit it regularly. Her recipes are always healthy and usually a little bit interesting. I have admired her recipes for a long time but have not actually made any of them until this week.
First, I made the Itsy Bitsy Chocolate Cookies . If you follow her instructions of scooping the dough out in teaspoons and then splitting those in half, they truly are itsy bitsy. Very cute and yummy too.
Next I tried the Baby Bran Muffins. I accidentally bought fat-free yogurt so I put a little less than 2 cups and added a half cup of unsweetened applesauce. Don't ask why I made this subsitution, it just seemed like a good idea. I also added dried aprioctos and cranberries. They turned out very yummy but when I make them again I will probably only add one fruit ... or none at all. They are delicious and a great source of fiber too.
Next on my list are her Butternut Squash Muffins. I will let you know how they turn out when I get around to them.
If you have a sweet tooth, check out her listing of cookies. They all look delicious and she usually makes them as healthy/natural as possible (if healthy/natural can be used to describe cookie recipes). :)
Happy Baking! :)
-av-
Mmm, sounds yummy! I'm always up for a good food blog. I'll have to try out some of her recipes!
ReplyDelete